23.2.09

look backward, live forward

I've watched a lot of good movies this month, but two of my favourite has got to be Slumdog Millionaire and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Memorable lines from Slumdog Millionaire:


Prem Kumar: Its getting hot in here.
Jamal Malik: Are you nervous?
Prem Kumar: [audience laughs] What? Am I nervous ? Its you who's in the hot seat, my friend!
Jamal Malik: Yes, sorry.
Prem Kumar: Final question for twenty million rupees, and he's smiling. I guess you know the answer.
Jamal Malik: Do you believe it, I don't!
Prem Kumar: You don't? So you take the ten million and walk?
Jamal Malik: No. I'll play.

and

Jamal Malik: I knew you'd be watching.
Latika: I thought we would meet only in death.
Jamal Malik: This is our destiny.
Latika: Kiss me.



Nice quotes from Benjamin Button:


"Life can only be understood looking backward. It must be lived forward."

“We were meant to lose people. How else would we know how important they are?”

“You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went, you can curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go.”

“Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people..... dance.”

......................................................
I have nothing else to say,
just watch these movies!

No comments: