16.1.09

the adventure

A few months ago, I went on a Jakarta adventure with three of my buddies. I call it an adventure because we took Jakarta's public transportation! Not to sound like a total asshole, but you can count how many times I've taken the public transportation here in Jakarta, with one hand! hehehe.

Our route was from Thamrin, to Glodok, to Pasar Baru, to Istiqlal and Cathedral, then to Jalan Veteran.

I found glodok to be very interesting because you can really feel the culture of Jakarta's Chinese community there. We took photos of this cool wet market and a beautiful temple called vihara Dharma Bakti. Pasar Baru hasn't really changed much since the last time I went there. I drank this ice thingy that made my stomach queezy for days, and I got a few plaid shirts for just Rp. 30,000 (US$ 3 haha!). By the time we got to Istiqlal, we were so tired we just sat on the floor and winded down, before indulging on some vintage ice cream at Ragusa.

After this adventure, I have to say that I love Jakarta even more, and that I should have more faith on Jakarta's public transportation! hahaha.

some pics from the market at Glodok, taken by my supersampler, Dory...

1 comment:

nariswari said...

the colors simply show the sorrow..isnt it?hehe